Wednesday, 19 November 2014

The visual graphical block (VGB)


When I was younger I remember playing Halo 1 and thinking wow, the graphics on this game are so real life but as time went by through halo 2,3 and now to 4 (hopefully 5 soon). I noticed that if you play the next generation of a game and after a certain amount of time and you come back to an older generation of a game, you notice so much more. Its almost like a memory block, a visual graphical block.




Halo 1




Halo 4







Here are a few games I Researched thinking that the graphics would be good.


Wipeout from the PS1 generation.



Spyro from the PS1 generation (one of the first games to include background generating) 



James bond 007 agent under fire from the PS2 generation 



OddWorld Oddysee on the original xbox 



One of the first call of duties (notice the mound of dirt on the right)



So now that you some what get what I'm trying to say here is some comparisons.



CALL OF DUTY




MEDAL OF HONOR


FIFA

From looking at all these comparisons it makes me wonder psychologically what is it that's blocking my mind is it false memory or some form of visual thinking bug or nostalgia, I honestly couldn't find anything out from this. I think that we don't appreciate the level in which games are created and that the level the graphics are on each console. I remember when I was younger playing the last mission of 'James bond 007 nightfire' here's a YouTube video clip. Or maybe with each slight upgrade in the new games being released it is hard to notice the big difference without going back to the old from a 3rd or 4th new version of the game.





If this game was reviewed today based on overall gameplay and graphics I'm sure it would score a '0' next to all the next generation games because of how old the game is but if it was reviewed back in the date it was released it would most likely get a very high rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment